Save time with efficient incoming goods inspection
New BUCHI campaign delivers 3 e-booklets to create Food Analysis Champions!
Every day, food producers undergo myriad processes and procedures designed to achieve a quality product and (hopefully) a profitable business.
The loading docks and warehouse serve as initial points of contact for ingredients and foodstuffs that will become integrated into delicious (and sometimes nutritious) food products. It is the obligation of the producer to ensure that they are obtaining the highest quality and correctly priced goods prior to feeding those ingredients into the production process.
Our first booklet provides insight into challenges and opportunities related to incoming goods inspection, including:
- Typical slow-downs in incoming goods receiving
- Tips to meeting incoming goods inspection requirements efficiently
- Benefits of using fast, non-destructive NIR analysis for testing incoming goods
- Improving time-to-result for classical reference methods (i.e. extraction and Kjeldahl)
- Sample NIR and classical testing applications to help you save time!
Download this complimentary resource, and stay tuned for future additions to the series, including: production and finished goods control!
For some nice (and enlightening) lunch break entertainment, watch our Food Analysis Champion, Max, save the day when production is halted due to QC backlog in the BUCHI animated video short series for “Beat the Clock.”
The BUCHI wagon got put back on the road for the ProFood Tech conference in Chicago this week. Hopefully you’ll catch us at our booth at Lakeside Upper Hall #3113 (vs. catching our booth attendants just lurking the show floor devouring free samples all day).
ProFood Tech is an event, and BUCHI is a laboratory equipment manufacturer, but you might be interested in the overlap between us. We serve many of the same industries.
Baking and Snack
We already blogged about some of the sweet stuff BUCHI can do in the chocolate industry, but we offer analytical measurements for many raw materials used by the baking and snack industries:
- Whole & ground cereals (e.g. wheat, semolina, barley, rice, corn/maize)
- Hulls & bran
- Oil seed meals
- Fats & oils (e.g. vegetable oils and animal fats)
- Egg & milk derivatives (e.g. egg powder, liquid egg, milk powder)
- Dry pasta & noodles
- Ready-meals (e.g. lasagna, frozen pizza)
- Confectionary (e.g. chocolate, cocoa & derivatives)
Meat, Poultry and Seafood
Protein builds muscle, and BUCHI has flexed some muscles in the QC of many meats and meat products, including:
- Animal meat (e.g. beef, pork, turkey, wild animals)
- Fish meat
- Animal flour
- Fish meal
- Pig adipose tissue
If I could survive on cheese and ice cream alone, I would. Our BUCHI NIR products are used to make sure that the stuff that goes into milk and milk products are in-spec. We can help you analyze important sample properties for things like:
- Yogurt and fresh cheese
- Hard, semi-hard and soft cheese
- Processed cheese
- Milk creams
- Milk powders
Frozen and Prepared Foods
When you don’t have time to cook or time for long laboratory analysis methods. BUCHI NIR has methods developed for:
- Dry pasta/noodles
- Ready-meals (e.g. lasagna, meat pie, meat & fish ready noodles, frozen pizza)
Drink up! BUCHI NIR can be used for quality control of beverages:
- Distillers grains
- Milk powders
- Chocolate (e.g. cocoa & derivatives)
Getting hungry for more information?
Check out our Application Finder on the website or Contact us to talk about your specific application needs.